It's hard to believe that William is 3 years old. It seems like just yesterday that I was toting him around in the baby bjorn. On most days, William is an absolute delight, and we couldn't feel more blessed to have him in our lives! It's crazy...I never realized how much you could love someone until I got married and had started having children.
A few things about Will right now...
- He loves to play with his friends, and is still obsessed with trains cars, and books. He also really enjoys watching movies, his recent favorite being "Robots" and "Bambi II."
- He can't get enough chocolate milk...it's the first thing he asks for in the morning and the last thing before bed.
- He loves nursery (aka primary), and is starting to learn all the primary songs. He loves to sing them at home, but only when he wants to. Heaven forbid you start singing when he's not ready.
- He still loves Mrs. Carly and will start another year of preschool with her next week.
- I know he loves his sister Olivia because I catch glimpses of him being so tender and loving to her. On the flip side, he sure does have a really hard time sharing anything with her. They are starting to play together a lot more, and it's hilarious to see them interact...Olivia just thinks he is the King of the world and just craves his attention.
- He's becoming quite the little swimmer. He was so uncharacteristically timid in the pool this year, but has gotten a lot better over the course of the summer and two sessions of swim lessons.
- I have to admit that Will is going through a stage right now where I find myself wondering how in the heck I'm ever going to get him to listen to what I say or tell him to do. Most things go in one ear and out the other, which is really frustrating.
- I love that he is SO outgoing. He's always up to try and experience new things.
- He is so sensitive and loving. He sincerely cares so much about people. He likes to receive the love as well...he loves just laying there and getting back "scratches," he loves to cuddle, and he loves giving kisses and hugs. Which, we love as well.
Love you Will!
We had a swim/BBQ birthday party for Will and all of his little friends last Saturday night. Of course it was "cars" themed. We kept it simple with pizza and a cupcake cake. He was thrilled! We are so grateful to have such a great Arizona family that make life's events so memorable.
Families - Bradford, Rigby, Law, Miner, Ashby, Mecham, Tucker, Gabbitas, Stowell, Giauque
Rachel, Aunt Leanne and Me
Olivia had her fair share of fun as well!
Will's cars cupcake cake
His favorite part - blowing out his candles!
More opening presents
Pretty sure Olivia loved the frosting!
Happy 3rd birthday buddy and a wonderful year ahead!